Friday, January 7, 2011

this $h*t is Bananas! and nuts!


HAHA I know I'm a dork but considering this is my blog and only maybe 3 people read it I can be a dork. Moving on since last Saturday I made blueberry muffins I had to make banana nut muffins this week.

4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (toasted or raw)
1/4 cup of turbanado sugar

No need for a mixer with this recipe.
1. In a bowl smash bananas, I used a potato masher
2 Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
3 Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
4 Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
5 Add the flour, mix until it is just incorporated. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
6 Pour mixture into a prepared muffin tin, and top with a sprinkle of turbanado sugar. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it's done. Cool on a rack.

Makes 12 muffins.




This is a very easy go to recipe and family members ask me to make them constantly! I get random over ripe banana's left on my porch from time to time.

Enjoy
<3 Laura ^.^


No comments:

Post a Comment