Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa



At my lowest weight I was 173 then, Andrew came along. Being a WLS patient I was so afraid of obsessing over the weight I would gain through the pregnancy, then I read some WLS and Pregnant message boards. So many women were so against gaining weight I felt they were putting the baby in jeopardy of good health. So I decided I would gain what I would gain and I would deal with it after. I gained about 60 lbs, 30 of which I lost before I even left the hospital. The other 30 you ask...well it's crept up to about 37 lbs now and I am still working on evicting it.

Travis and I joined a local gym back in May we were super focused- food, exercise we were there almost every night the entire month. And I got frustrated I didn't lose a single thing! I refused to eat more than 1200 calories per day and I was working out-cardio only. Well it wasn't exactly what I was doing wrong as much as my birth control working against me. Since I have changed that and we have made our minds up to get back at the gym hardcore!

Recently I placed someone at a Shop Rite, this store has an in store nutritionist that shares recipes and new things on the market etc. I snagged a few recipes one was for a pineapple kiwi salsa. Well I did not have any Pineapple...I had Mango...and changed a few other things as well.


3/4 cup diced fresh Mango
3/4 cup peeled, diced Kiwi
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp lime zest


1. Mix all ingredients together and place in refrigerator to chill.
2. Place thawed Mahi Mahi fillets on baking sheet top with salt, pepper, lime zest.
3. Bake 15-20 min

Nutrition Info for Salsa per serving:
Serves 4
Calories: 34
Carbs: 9
Fat: 0
Protein: 1
Sodium: 2
Sugar: 7

After taking fish out of the oven I topped it with more lime juice, plated with 1/2 cup brown rice and sauteed mixed vegetables (Onion, Peppers, Peas, Carrots, Corn, Mushrooms + 2 tbsp EVOO)



Nutritional Stats for my entire dinner:
Mango Kiwi Salsa
4 oz Mahi Mahi
1 serving Brown Rice
Mixed Veg

Calories: 319
Carbs :45
Fat: 7
Protein: 24
Sodium: 113
Sugar: 8


Enjoy ^.^
Laura <3

No comments:

Post a Comment