Friday, February 4, 2011

Oatmeal Rasin Cookies

I have had a real "craving" for these lately. I'm sure any normal person would just go out and buy a package but no not me! So I took the recipe on the box of oats and added stuff and took away stuff. I played with the recipe and came up with a chewy oatmeal raisin cookie, crispy on the outside chewy on the inside. I had one (for breakfast- I mean it is full of oats and fruit right? that's kinda healthy right?)


Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
 2 cups rolled oats
 1 cup raisins
Preheat oven to 350°F

1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together.
3. Stir this into the butter/sugar mixture.

4. Stir in the oats and raisins


5. At this point you can either chill the dough for a bit in the fridge and then scoop it, or scoop the cookies onto a sheet and then chill the whole tray before baking them. You could also bake them right away, if you’re impatient, but I do find that they come out with a better final product after being chilled. (I was impatient but still wanted to chill the dough so I put it in the freezer for about 30min in a metal bowl)


Side Note: Make sure you use Parchment Paper I grabbed wax paper and flipped it over so the waxy side was face down so it didn't ruin my cookies but it did smoke a bit in the oven. Yea another blond moment in the kitchen...so sue me ok?!

.
6. The cookies should be two inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes, taking them out when golden at the edges but still a little undercooked-looking on top. Let them sit on the hot baking sheet for five minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool. If you try to take them off the parchment paper before they cool a bit they will just fall apart they need to "set up" a bit before being moved.
Pre-Cooked
After Baking

These have to sit for 5min after coming out of the oven. Believe me it is worth the wait! They are warm and chewy and yummy...

Enjoy!
<3 Laura ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment